• July 23, 2024


LEDs have been introduced to the market relatively recently, but they have gained recognition among users much faster. Their use is supported by energy efficiency, higher durability, very high work efficiency or the possibility of using virtually any color of light.

There are many more advantages, but as in any case, you have to take into account some disadvantages, including a high price. Nevertheless, LED lighting is used very willingly, to a large extent among home arrangements.

Advantages of LEDs

LEDs offer efficiency levels of 80%-95%. Ordinary light bulbs, on the other hand... is only 5%-10% efficiency, i.e. the amount of energy supplied that is converted into visible light. LED light modules last ten times longer than halogen bulbs and up to 25 times longer than conventional bulbs. You can therefore count on an average service life of 5 to 7 years.

LEDs consist of two semiconductors and two electrodes. Such a construction makes the LED lighting resistant to shocks and impacts. Moreover, we can choose from a basic range of LED colours, such as red, blue, green, white or yellow, but in reality we are dealing with three sections. Each of them lights in a different color, taking into account the basic RGB system, which ultimately gives the chance to obtain virtually any color of light.

Full brightness is achieved in microseconds, and LED lighting is compatible with dimmers. Considering how much is said today about environmental protection, it is worth noting that LEDs are more ecological, because their production does not use mercury and metals adversely affecting the functioning of the environment.

What about the flaws?

The biggest seems to be the price, which at first significantly differs from the costs associated with the purchase of traditional light bulbs or even halogen bulbs. However, it is important to have a long-term investment in mind. The lifetime makes the one-time, higher cost of LEDs, ultimately less expensive than the burdensome operation of conventional incandescent bulbs.

Most of the offered modules require us to be satisfied with the emission of cold light, which changes the perception of human eyesight. We have to struggle with slightly different colors of objects, as well as the impression that the object is made of a different material than it actually is. Diodes can also be offensive.

Is it worth betting on LEDs?

The number of advantages is definitely overwhelming. Savings, longer service life, and a lot of possibilities in terms of interior design make us more willing to focus on this type of lighting anyway. It takes up very little space and leaves a wide range of arrangement possibilities, not only because of the different colors of the light beam.

This type of light can be used in virtually any room. Combining practical functions with decorative ones. Illuminating dark places or playing the game of lights, which perfectly expose furniture, objects, sculptures or decorative glass.